- capacity for rapid acceleration.
- acceleration; increase in speed.
- Also called pickup truck. a small truck with a low-sided open body, used for deliveries and light hauling.
- the act of receiving sound waves in the transmitting set in order to change them into electrical waves.
- a receiving or recording device.
- the place from which a broadcast is being transmitted.
- interference(def 4).
- the change of light energy into electrical energy in a television camera.
- camera tube.
- a telecast made directly from the scene of an action.
Words nearby pickup
Origin of pickup
Examples from the Web for pickup
But some of his pickup methods might actually be criminal, according to the state of Nevada.
He was still working on his pickup technique, and felt there was nothing for him at university.
The Cubans pulled up to the outpost and crammed the survivors into an open-body jeep and a pickup truck.‘Argo’ in the Congo: The Ghosts of the Stanleyville Hostage Crisis|Nina Strochlic|November 23, 2014|DAILY BEAST
By one account, the student teachers were on the road out of Iguala when their way was blocked by a pickup truck.
On May 20, a pickup truck drove to an Iraqi army checkpoint in the city of Tal Afar.
This looked like about as good a time as any to make the pickup.Cat and Mouse|Ralph Williams
The rails themselves act as antenna for the broadcaster, and the rat's tail is the pickup antenna.Anything You Can Do|Gordon Randall Garrett
Have items ready for pickup at the designated spot when the driver arrives.
Pitov turned on a couple of view-screens, one from a pickup on the roof of the bunker and another from the launching-pad.The Answer|Henry Beam Piper
He bought himself a pickup truck and started a painting business there.The Biography of a Rabbit|Roy Benson