- having patches of black and white or of other colors; parti-colored.
- a piebald animal, especially a horse.
Origin of piebald
SynonymsSee more synonyms for piebald on Thesaurus.com
1. dappled, mottled.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- marked or spotted in two different colours, esp black and whitea piebald horse
- a black-and-white pied horse
C16: pie ² + bald; see also pied
Word Origin and History for piebaldness
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- A skin disorder that is characterized by pigmentless patches of scalp hair that give the hair a streaked appearance.piebaldism
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.