- coloration, especially of the skin.
- Biology. coloration with or deposition of pigment.
Origin of pigmentation
Related Words for pigmentationhue, complexion, tinge, glow, coloration, intensity, stain, paint, tint, texture, coloring, skin, blemish, blotch, mole, tone, trace, tincture, cast, color
Examples from the Web for pigmentation
Historical Examples of pigmentation
An accident of pigmentation, only that had brought him to this.Grove of the Unborn
It calls it 'Pigmentation'—the 'pigmentation of the mature virgin.'Too Old for Dolls
Anthony Mario Ludovici
The male Silky transmitted the pigmentation, but only to his daughters.Mendelism
Reginald Crundall Punnett
In the iris, the pigmentation assumes a particular character.The Races of Man
The pigmentation of the body is not always so pronounced as in the Gorilla.The Cambridge Natural History, Vol X., Mammalia
Frank Evers Beddard
- coloration in plants, animals, or man caused by the presence of pigments
- the deposition of pigment in animals, plants, or man
- Coloration of tissues by pigment.
- Deposition of pigment by cells.