- a braid of hair hanging down the back of the head.
- tobacco in a thin, twisted roll.
- a short, flexible wire used in connecting a stationary terminal with a terminal having a limited range of motion.
- a short wire connected to an electric device, as a lead or ground.
Origin of pigtail
Related Words for pigtailpigtail, ponytail, hairdo, haircut, braid, headdress, dreadlocks, queue, plait, trim, flip, wave, hair, permanent, tail, tease, beehive, DA, Afro
Examples from the Web for pigtail
Contemporary Examples of pigtail
Abramovic was wearing a floor-length navy blue robe, a pigtail over her right shoulder.Marina Abramovic's Full-Frontal Art
March 18, 2010
Historical Examples of pigtail
She put the end of a pigtail in her mouth and sat down on the chair opposite.Dream Town
And, now, if you will give me that pigtail, I will try to sew it to this skull-cap.
After a time the woman produced Charlie's pigtail, and handed it to the man to look at.
Patch: Was n't it Noah, Captain; as got his pigtail cut by some designin' woman?Wappin' Wharf
Charles S. Brooks
With the pigtail coiled inside of the lost shoe, Mell ran on.Nine Little Goslings
- a bunch of hair or one of two bunches on either side of the face, worn loose or plaited
- a twisted roll of tobacco