- Pathology. any of various skin diseases marked by the shedding of branlike scales of epidermis.
- Veterinary Pathology. a skin disease in various domestic animals marked by dry scales.
Origin of pityriasis
Examples from the Web for pityriasis
Historical Examples of pityriasis
Eczema and psoriasis, pityriasis, impetigo, and porrigo decalvans are forms of skin eruption seen.
Since Pityriasis is endemic to Borneo, it probably was detached from the parent stock at an early period.
The Australasian affinities of Pityriasis emphasize its zoogeographical peculiarities.
How is pityriasis rosea distinguished from ringworm, psoriasis and the squamous syphiloderm?Essentials of Diseases of the Skin
Henry Weightman Stelwagon
Pityriasis, a skin eruption attended with branlike desquamation.The Nuttall Encyclopaedia
Edited by Rev. James Wood
- any of a group of skin diseases characterized by the shedding of dry flakes of skin
- a similar skin disease of certain domestic animals
Word Origin for pityriasis
- Any of various skin diseases of humans and animals, characterized by epidermal shedding of flaky scales.