- to make (thoughts, feelings, etc.) poetic; express in poetry.
- to write poetry about (an event, occasion, etc.).
- to speak or write poetry.
Also especially British, po·et·i·cise.
Origin of poeticize
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for poeticize
When we are young we adore and poeticize those with whom we are in love: love and happiness with us are synonyms.The Darling and Other Stories
poetize (ˈpəʊɪˌtaɪz), poeticise or poetise
- (tr) to put into poetry or make poetic
- (intr) to speak or write poetically