- aimed or fired straight at the mark especially from close range; direct.
- straightforward, plain, or explicit: a point-blank denial.
- with a direct aim; directly; straight.
- bluntly; frankly: She told him point-blank that he was not welcome.
Origin of point-blank
Related Words for point-blankdirect, frank, plain, straight, blunt, close, plainly, unqualified, unreserved
Examples from the Web for point-blank
Contemporary Examples of point-blank
I come back to the way the older man at the book fair asked his question so point-blank.Who Has the Right to Write About War?
Emily Gray Tedrowe
July 12, 2014
She shot her at point-blank range in the back of the head while out looking at flowers.'The Grove': Was The Walking Dead's Latest Shocker a Mistake?
March 17, 2014
If she had been trying to kill him, she had been at point-blank range.Rev. Jesse Jackson on the Next Trayvon Martin
July 17, 2013
In it, a riot cop blasts her in the face at point-blank range with tear gas.Turkish Protesters Are Entrenched as Protests Continue
June 6, 2013
I finally asked Pearce point-blank if he made up the post; he laughed and denied it.What’s the Truth Behind the Viral Post About a Gay Christian Teen?
April 6, 2012
Historical Examples of point-blank
Therefore, none of the posse would have a point-blank shot at him.Way of the Lawless
He might not have answered, or liked it, had I fired the question at him point-blank.The Underdog
F. Hopkinson Smith
The chief refused at first, point-blank, to be a party to any such proceedings.The Monster Men
Edgar Rice Burroughs
The firing, at point-blank range, was so furious that the men's clothing was ignited.The Downfall
Accordingly he sent to Pharnabazus and put it to him point-blank: Which will you have, peace or war?Hellenica
- aimed or fired at a target so close that it is unnecessary to make allowance for the drop in the course of the projectile
- permitting such aim or fire without loss of accuracyat point-blank range
- plain or blunta point-blank question
- directly or straight
- plainly or bluntly