- Printing. a system for grading the sizes of type bodies, leads, etc., that employs the point as a unit of measurement.Compare point(def 48a).
- any of certain systems of writing and printing for the blind that employ embossed symbols for letters.
- a system of promoting students by an evaluation of their work on the basis of points representing quality of achievement.
- Bedaux system.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for point system
Historical Examples of point system
Some of these old names still survive and are applied to the point-system bodies which approximate the old sizes.Type
A. A. Stewart
- printing a system of measurement using the point as its unitSee point (def. 21)
- a system for evaluation of achievement, as in education or industry, based on awarding points
- any system of writing or printing, such as Braille, that uses protruding dots
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012