- being of many or various colors.
- decorated or executed in many colors, as a statue, vase, or mural.
- to paint in many or various colors.
- a polychrome object or work.
Origin of polychrome
Related Words for polychromespotted, motley, variegated, mottled, checkered, dappled, kaleidoscopic, multicolored, piebald, polychromic, varicolored, versicolor, particolored, pied, prismatic
Examples from the Web for polychrome
Historical Examples of polychrome
The screen fluttered for a moment with polychrome colors and cleared.Cubs of the Wolf
Raymond F. Jones
The principle seems to be that of polychrome painting, also applied in sculpture.Museum of Antiquity
L. W. Yaggy
"So am I," said Polychrome, bending gracefully to pat Toto's head.
"All right," said Button-Bright; but Polychrome didn't know whether it was all right or not.
The local Gallo-Romans had used the polychrome lava as decoration.How France Built Her Cathedrals
Elizabeth Boyle O'Reilly
- having various or changing colours; polychromatic
- made with or decorated in various colours
- a work of art or artefact in many colours