- (of a bryozoan colony) composed of many zooids.
- (of a spore) producing many sporozoites.
- (of a habitat) containing many animals or many different kinds of animals.
Origin of polyzoic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for polyzoic
Historical Examples of polyzoic
The family Collosphrida comprises all polyzous or social Sphroidea, and constitutes the only polyzoic group among the Sphrellaria.
- (of certain colonial animals) having many zooids or similar polyps
- producing or containing many sporozoites
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012