- (of a bryozoan colony) composed of many zooids.
- (of a spore) producing many sporozoites.
- (of a habitat) containing many animals or many different kinds of animals.
Origin of polyzoic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for polyzoic
The family Collosphrida comprises all polyzous or social Sphroidea, and constitutes the only polyzoic group among the Sphrellaria.
- (of certain colonial animals) having many zooids or similar polyps
- producing or containing many sporozoites
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012