- of or relating to Pompeii, or its culture.
- pertaining to or designating a style of mural painting, examples of which have been found in or near Pompeii, Herculaneum, etc., dating from about the beginning of the 1st century b.c. to a.d. 79, characterized chiefly by the illusion of three-dimensional form organized in an architectonic structure.
- a native or inhabitant of Pompeii.
Origin of Pompeian
Examples from the Web for pompeiian
Historical Examples of pompeiian
It is hardly worth seeing after the Flavian and the Pompeiian.The Greville Memoirs
Charles C. F. Greville
It had formerly been his fancy that Gradiva was a Pompeiian.Delusion and Dream
I was impressed by the extreme smallness of the Pompeiian houses.Twenty Years in Europe
Samuel H. M. Byers
But to what epoch of Pompeiian life had he been transported?
"Perhaps it will be easier for you to converse in Greek," said the Pompeiian.
- of or relating to Pompeii or its inhabitants
- a native or inhabitant of Pompeii