[brey-kee-uh l, brak-ee-]Anatomy, Zoology
- belonging to the arm, foreleg, wing, pectoral fin, or other forelimb of a vertebrate.
- belonging to the upper part of such a member, from the shoulder to the elbow.
- armlike, as an appendage.
- a brachial part or structure.
Origin of brachial
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- of or relating to the arm or to an armlike part or structure
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- On or in the posterior part of the upper arm.
- Relating to the arm.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- Relating to or involving the arm.
- Relating to the forelimb or wing of a vertebrate.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.