- to collide with; bump into.
- to destroy or severely damage by a bombing raid; bomb (an enemy target).
- to destroy or shoot down (an enemy aircraft).
Origin of prang
First recorded in 1930–35; imitative
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for prang
"Well, there's Prang's article," he said in his business voice.
Besides, there was an alluring glow about Mr. Prang's way of writing.
Amory was getting rather tired of hearing about that thing of Prang's.
"Well, about that thing of Prang's," said Mr. Strong when he could eat no more.
And he enumerated a variety of articles they had in hand, including Mr. Prang's.
- an accident or crash in an aircraft, car, etc
- an aircraft bombing raid
- an achievement
- to crash or damage (an aircraft, car, etc)
- to damage (a town, etc) by bombing
C20: possibly imitative of an explosion; perhaps related to Malay perang war, fighting
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012