- to collide with; bump into.
- to destroy or severely damage by a bombing raid; bomb (an enemy target).
- to destroy or shoot down (an enemy aircraft).
Origin of prang
Related Words for prangraid, bombard, destroy, attack, blast, strafe, smash, collide, plunge, hurtle, collapse, tumble, ditch, dive, drop, bump, slip, meet, topple, overturn
Examples from the Web for prang
Historical Examples of prang
"Well, there's Prang's article," he said in his business voice.
Besides, there was an alluring glow about Mr. Prang's way of writing.
Amory was getting rather tired of hearing about that thing of Prang's.
"Well, about that thing of Prang's," said Mr. Strong when he could eat no more.
And he enumerated a variety of articles they had in hand, including Mr. Prang's.
- an accident or crash in an aircraft, car, etc
- an aircraft bombing raid
- an achievement
- to crash or damage (an aircraft, car, etc)
- to damage (a town, etc) by bombing