- the act of placing.
- the state of being placed.
- the act of an employment office or employer in filling a position.
- location; arrangement: the placement of furniture.
- (in tennis, badminton, handball, etc.) a winning shot in which the ball or shuttlecock is so hit that one's opponent is unable to return it.
Origin of placement
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the act of placing or the state of being placed
- arrangement or position
- the process or business of finding employment
Word Origin and History for pre-placement
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper