- preparatory school.
- a preliminary or warm-up activity or event; trial run: The race is a good prep for the Kentucky Derby.
- preparation: dealer prep on the car included.
- the act of preparing a patient for a medical or surgical procedure.
- preparatory: a prep school.
- involving or used for preparation: the mortuary's prep room.
- to prepare (a person) for a test, debate, etc.
- to prepare (a patient) for a medical or surgical procedure, as by shaving and washing the skin with an antibacterial soap.
- to prepare (a vehicle or craft) for sale, use, a test drive, or a race.
- to prepare; get ready: to prep for the game.
- to attend a preparatory school.
Origin of prep
Related Words for preppingdiscipline, training, study, use, experience, preparation, drill, action, operation, fit, provide, fix, gird, equip, brace, arrange, gear, prepare, supply, qualify
Examples from the Web for prepping
Contemporary Examples of prepping
“I have full faith that this will happen,” Williams says, prepping her fairy dust for a flurry of happy thoughts.The Cast of ‘Peter Pan Live!’ Knows You Hatewatched ‘The Sound of Music’
December 2, 2014
Mike Enzi, the popular, 69-year-old conservative U.S. Senator from Wyoming is prepping for the fight of his life.Mike Enzi Takes on Liz Cheney
October 23, 2013
Despite this, Republicans are prepping demands for their consent.The GOP Is Still Chained to the Base
September 24, 2013
The company is prepping for an Emmy Awards campaign, in fact.‘Hemlock Grove’: Netflix’s Latest Original Show Is Scary Bad
April 19, 2013
Today Bates is prepping the launch of 15 international versions of the site.Everyday Sexism Creator Laura Bates on Helping Women Speak Out
April 9, 2013
- (tr) to prepare (a patient) for a medical operation or procedure
slang shortening of prepare, 1908. Related: Prepped; prepping.
- To prepare for a medical examination or surgical procedure.