verb (used with object)
verb (used without object)
- a design or pattern on cloth made by dyeing, weaving, or printing with engraved rollers, blocks of wood, stencils, etc.
- a cloth so treated.
- an article of apparel made of this cloth.
Words nearby print
Idioms for print
- in printed form; published.
- (of a book or the like) still available for purchase from the publisher.
Origin of print
OTHER WORDS FROM printun·print·ed, adjectivewell-print·ed, adjective
WORDS THAT MAY BE CONFUSED WITH printprince prints
Definition for print (2 of 2)
Examples from the Web for print
They took cover inside a print works to the north east of Paris, where they held a member of staff as a hostage.
In “Sleigh Ride,” the narrator is painting a scene so perfect that it could be featured on an iconic Currier and Ives print.The Most Confusing Christmas Music Lyrics Explained (VIDEO)|Kevin Fallon|December 24, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Scrooge is still with us, not just in print but embodied in the cold hearts and selfish calculations of misanthropes everywhere.
Esther Choi of Mokbar said she has made Korean potato pancakes called gam ja jun, and Charles Rodriguez of PRINT.
Print this bingo card set and find resources for male allies at www.maleallies.com.
Sahwah suggested that we print our inquiry on a pennant and fasten it across the front of the car.The Campfire Girls Go Motoring|Hildegard G. Frey
This is the filth the German paper was not ashamed to print.Georges Guynemer|Henry Bordeaux
The print of a normal foot shows only the heel, the lateral border of the foot, and the balls and tips of the toes.
But if you print one word of it, Jerry Bridges, I'll never speak to you again!The Delegate from Venus|Henry Slesar
It is one of the most amazing passages in print, so far as either taste or judgment is concerned.Among Famous Books|John Kelman
British Dictionary definitions for print
- in printed or published form
- (of a book, etc) offered for sale by the publisher
- a fabric with a printed design
- (as modifier)a print dress
- a mark or indentation made by pressing something onto a surface
- a stamp, die, etc, that makes such an impression
- the surface subjected to such an impression
Word Origin for print
Idioms and Phrases with print
In addition to the idiom beginning with print
- print out
- go out (of print)
- in print
- small print