- of, relating to, or like a prism.
- formed by or as if by a transparent prism.
- spectral in color; brilliant: prismatic colors.
- highly varied or faceted: a prismatic existence.
Origin of prismatic
Examples from the Web for prismatically
Historical Examples of prismatically
These ducts are often prismatically compressed by each other.
The firelight played on her hair, glowing in it prismatically.Louisiana Lou
William West Winter
Prismatically coloured halos indicate the presence of watery vapour, whereas white ones show that the vapour is frozen.The Sailor's Word-Book
William Henry Smyth
- concerned with, containing, or produced by a prism
- exhibiting bright spectral coloursprismatic light
- crystallog another word for orthorhombic
- Relating to or resembling a prism.
- Formed by refraction of light through a prism, used especially of a spectrum of light.