- the quality, state, or fact of being able to generate, create, enhance, or bring forth goods and services: The productivity of the group's effort surprised everyone.
- Economics. the rate at which goods and services having exchange value are brought forth or produced: Productivity increased dramatically last year.
- Grammar. the ability to form new words using established patterns and discrete linguistic elements, as the derivational affixes -ness and -ity.
Related Words for productivityfertility, production, capacity, yield, abundance, productiveness, potency, fecundity, richness
Examples from the Web for productivity
Contemporary Examples of productivity
What designer West lacks in productivity, he more than makes up for in pure, unadulterated confidence and blind anger.Kanye West and Kim Kardashian’s Balmain Campaign: High Fashion Meets Low Culture
December 23, 2014
In this scenario, productivity will rise, but wages may stagnate or decline.In the Future We'll All Be Renters: America's Disappearing Middle Class
August 10, 2014
The CEO describes the company as a “productivity and platform company.”Bill Gates’ Internet Doomsday Prophesy Comes True
July 17, 2014
Job performance seems to be less affected by drug testing, with 19 percent of companies reporting an increase in productivity.Are We Addicted to Drug Testing?
May 27, 2014
If you want to increase your productivity, light can play a big role.Change Your Sense: Biohacking for Beginners
March 18, 2014
Historical Examples of productivity
It inspires the initiative that makes our productivity the wonder of the world.
Taine excelled in praise of her intellectual vigour and productivity.Mountain Meditations
Emphasis on productivity does not lend to a society of relaxed individuals.A Practical Guide to Self-Hypnosis
There is a waste of time and productivity in all of the grades of the elementary schools.The New Education
The productivity of the unit must be kept up to a high level of efficiency.The Next Step
- the output of an industrial concern in relation to the materials, labour, etc, it employs
- the state of being productive