- a moderate to deep greenish blue.
- one of the iron blues, a dark-blue, crystalline, water-insoluble pigment, Fe4[Fe(CN)6]3, produced by reacting ferrocyanic acid or a ferrocyanide with a ferric compound: used in painting, fabric printing, and laundry bluing.
Origin of Prussian blue
Examples from the Web for prussian blue
Historical Examples of prussian blue
Indigo is not discharged by sodium hydroxid, while Prussian-blue is.Detection of the Common Food Adulterants
Edwin M. Bruce
A variety of shades, of great beauty, and considerable permanence, may also be given by the Prussian-blue process.
"Nothing whatever to do with the Army," he snapped, and a Prussian-blue opponent was smacked off into an arid and hoopless waste.
- any of a number of blue pigments containing ferrocyanide or ferricyanide complexes
- the blue or deep greenish-blue colour of this pigment
- (as adjective)a Prussian-blue carpet
- Berlin blue