- the act, practice, or art of setting psalms to music.
- psalms or hymns collectively.
- the act, practice, or art of singing psalms.
Origin of psalmody
Examples from the Web for psalmody
Historical Examples of psalmody
At times, also, he gave instruction to an evening class in psalmody.Biographical Sketches
The convocation broke up in sobs, psalmody, and kisses on the cheek.Little Novels of Italy
Maurice Henry Hewlett
The tune was that sweetest of all Presbyterian psalmody, "plaintive Martyrs."Olive
Dinah Maria Craik, (AKA Dinah Maria Mulock)
Again, we say, beware of a man who has psalmody in his looks.
I walked up the church to blasts of psalmody from that noisy choir.The Following of the Star
Florence L. Barclay
- the act of singing psalms or hymns
- the art or practice of the setting to music or singing of psalms