- a person who advocates or believes in anarchy or anarchism.
- a person who seeks to overturn by violence all constituted forms and institutions of society and government, with no purpose of establishing any other system of order in the place of that destroyed.
- a person who promotes disorder or excites revolt against any established rule, law, or custom.
Origin of anarchist
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a person who advocates the abolition of government and a social system based on voluntary cooperation
- a person who causes disorder or upheaval
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper