- of, pertaining to, involving, or decided by competition: competitive sports; a competitive examination.
- well suited for competition; having a feature that makes for successful competition: a competitive price.
- having a strong desire to compete or to succeed.
- useful to a competitor; giving a competitor an advantage: He was careful not to divulge competitive information about his invention.
Origin of competitive
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- involving or determined by rivalrycompetitive sports
- sufficiently low in price or high in quality to be successful against commercial rivals
- relating to or characterized by an urge to competea competitive personality
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for pseudo-competitive
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper