- genesis of the psyche.
- Psychology. the origin of physical or psychological states, normal or abnormal, out of the interplay of conscious and unconscious psychological forces.
- Pathology. the origin of symptoms as a result of emotional causes.
Origin of psychogenesis
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for psychogenesis
Psychogenesis: the origin and development of social and other instincts and habits.Explanation of Terms Used in Entomology
John. B. Smith
Wherefore it may be said that the fourth dimensional concept marks a distinct stage in psychogenesis or evolution of mind.
It is the golden egg laid by the god Seb at the beginning of a new life cycle in psychogenesis.
Were it not for this his conception would indeed mark the beginning of a new era in psychogenesis.
For this reason we must also reject the notion that child psychology can solve these ultimate problems of psychogenesis.Elements of Folk Psychology
- psychol the study of the origin and development of personality, human behaviour, and mental processes
Word Origin and History for psychogenesis
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The origin and development of psychological processes, personality, or behavior.
- Development of a physical disorder or illness resulting from psychic, rather than physiological, factors.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.