- the art of making fireworks.
- the use of fireworks for display, military purposes, etc.
- a display of fireworks.
- a brilliant or sensational display, as of rhetoric or musicianship.
- Military. ammunition containing chemicals for producing smoke or light, as for signaling, illuminating, or screening.
Origin of pyrotechnics
Examples from the Web for pyrotechnics
Contemporary Examples of pyrotechnics
Thankfully, no one was injured in the blast, which—at the very least—makes for a spectacular display of pyrotechnics.Harry Potter Raps, The Catcalls Heard ‘Round the World and More Viral Videos
November 2, 2014
GoPro hooked up a camera to a drone and flew it into the pyrotechnics, offering a new way to marvel at the spectacle.Hedgehog Birthday, ‘Frozen Is the New Black,’ and More Viral Videos
July 12, 2014
Historical Examples of pyrotechnics
It was like some terrible and giant display of pyrotechnics.Life in a Tank
There are displays of sparks and glow surpassing all the pyrotechnics of art.Steam Steel and Electricity
James W. Steele
The fireworks were the most gorgeous display of pyrotechnics I ever saw.The Sunny Side of Diplomatic Life, 1875-1912
The daily display of pyrotechnics of a somewhat more awe-inspiring sort has rendered us positively cloyed with that pleasure.My Austrian Love
Think of the pyrotechnics among comets and aërolites some fellows may have!
- (functioning as singular) the art or craft of making fireworks
- (functioning as singular or plural) a firework display
- (functioning as singular or plural) brilliance of display, as in the performance of musickeyboard pyrotechnics