- having four sides.
- a plane figure having four sides and four angles.
- something of this form.
- a figure formed by four straight lines that have six points of intersection.
- a polygon with four sides.
- the space enclosed between and defended by four fortresses.
Origin of quadrilateral
Examples from the Web for quadrilateral
Historical Examples of quadrilateral
They form the quadrilateral wherein Daudet's fame is secure.The Nabob, Volume 1 (of 2)
A quadrilateral figure that has only two of its four sides parallel.The Sailor's Word-Book
William Henry Smyth
Thus, in the circle and the quadrilateral (the parts are not circles or quadrilaterals).Plotinos: Complete Works, v. 2
The walled part of the town is a quadrilateral with faces of about 1200 yds.
The quadrilateral Isis-headed capital, as at Denderah, was often used.A Manual of the Historical Development of Art
G. G. (Gustavus George) Zerffi
- having or formed by four sides
- Also called: tetragon a polygon having four sides. A complete quadrilateral consists of four lines and their six points of intersection
- A polygon that has four sides, such as a rectangle or rhombus.