- one of four copies or identical items, especially copies of typewritten material.
- consisting of four identical parts.
- pertaining to a fourth item or copy of something.
- to produce or copy in quadruplicate.
- to make four times as great.
- in quadruplicate, in four identical copies.
Origin of quadruplicate
Related Words for quadruplicatequadruplicate, quadruple, tetrad, quaternary, quadrigeminal, quadripartite, quadrivial, quaternate
Examples from the Web for quadruplicate
Historical Examples of quadruplicate
There was the matter of the wedding, which was now to be in quadruplicate.Masters of Space
Edward Elmer Smith
We must not, however, fall into his own mistake and quadruplicate to his duply.Matthew Arnold
The order received by mail is written up and invoiced in quadruplicate on a snap-out form.Warren Commission (7 of 26): Hearings Vol. VII (of 15)
The President's Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy
Army accounting is wholly unlike civilian, books being dispensed with and accounts of all kinds being made in quadruplicate.A Backward Glance at Eighty
Charles A. Murdock
Most common is the "quadruplicate" arrangement, with four sets of laminae of differing depths.The Cambridge Natural History, Vol X., Mammalia
Frank Evers Beddard
- fourfold or quadruple
- to multiply or be multiplied by four
- a group or set of four things