[noun, adjective kwin-too-pli-kit, -tyoo-; verb kwin-too-pli-keyt, -tyoo-]
- a group, series, or set of five copies or identical items, especially copies of typewritten matter.
- noting or consisting of five identical parts; fivefold.
- pertaining to a fifth item or copy of something.
- to produce or copy in quintuplicate.
- to make five times as great, as by multiplying.
- in quintuplicate, in five identical copies.
Origin of quintuplicate
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for quintuplicatecinquefoil, pentangle, pentagram, quintuple, lustrum, cinque, quinquennium, pentacle, quintuplet, pentagon, limerick, pentad, quincunx, quinquennial, quintuplicate
Examples from the Web for quintuplicate
Historical Examples of quintuplicate
- fivefold or quintuple
- to multiply or be multiplied by five
- a group or set of five things
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012