- one of three identical items, especially copies of typewritten material.
- to make threefold; triple.
- to make in triplicate: to triplicate a report before releasing it.
- produced in or consisting of three copies or parts; threefold; triple: triplicate contracts.
- in triplicate,
- in three identical copies: This letter should be done in triplicate.
- threefold: That goes for me, too, in triplicate.
Origin of triplicate
Related Words for triplicatethreesome, triumvirate, trilogy, troika, triad, leash, triple, trinity, trine, triplet, triangle, triplicate, triptych, trey, ternion, trio, triplicity, third, trichotomy, trivium
Examples from the Web for triplicate
Historical Examples of triplicate
Bills of exchange are usually drawn in duplicate and sometimes in triplicate.Up To Date Business
He made a copy of the indent in triplicate, as well as an office copy.In Mesopotamia
Herewith you have in triplicate and copy of my former letters.
They are like a three-headed Charles I—or a triplicate Geibel.Gems (?) of German Thought
And with the lock they had supplied two keys; they had not retained a triplicate.The Mystery of Lincoln's Inn
- to multiply or be multiplied by three
- a group of three things
- one of such a group
- in triplicate written out three times