- a device for catching rats.
- a run-down, filthy, or dilapidated place.
- a difficult, involved, or entangling situation.
Origin of rattrap
Examples from the Web for rat-trap
Historical Examples of rat-trap
The visiting-room of Regina Cœli is constructed on the principle of a rat-trap.The Eternal City
Pray God she does not slay a score of us in this rat-trap by her first shot.In the Days of Drake
J. S. Fletcher
I knew not much of the world, but I knew enough to wish myself out of this rat-trap.Kilgorman
Talbot Baines Reed
Cinderella brought the rat-trap, in which there were three large rats.Little Cinderella
Father told me to keep away from a rat-trap that he had bought.The Making of Bobby Burnit
George Randolph Chester
- a device for catching rats
- informal a type of bicycle pedal having serrated steel foot pads and a toe clip