- a person or thing that recuperates.
- (in a recuperative furnace) a system of thin-walled ducts through which incoming air and exhausted gases pass separately so that the air is heated by the gases.
Origin of recuperator
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for recuperator
Even with the delivery of the first recuperator, difficulties did not vanish.
It was in the making of the recuperator systems that the greatest problems were presented.
Carriage and recuperator, or recoil mechanism, together are known as the mount.
The praetor delegated his power to three classes of judges, called respectively judex, arbiter, and recuperator.Beacon Lights of History, Volume III
That is precisely the equivalent of the feat performed by the recuperator of a 240-millimeter howitzer after a shot.
- a person that recuperates
- a device employing springs or pneumatic power to return a gun to the firing position after the recoil
- chemical engineering a system of flues that transfers heat from the hot gases leaving a furnace to the incoming air