- royalty, sovereignty, or kingship.
- a right or privilege pertaining to a sovereign.
- a kingdom.
- (in Scotland)
- territorial jurisdiction of a royal nature formerly conferred by the sovereign.
- a territory subject to such jurisdiction.
Origin of regality
Related Words for regalitypercentage, realm, power, majesty, sovereign, rank, regency, sovereignty, kingship, queenship, regality
Examples from the Web for regality
Contemporary Examples of regality
It just has a depth and regality to it, and is very immersive.Lina Viktor Is the Artist Who Paints With Gold
May 23, 2014
Historical Examples of regality
Here love of Spartan simplicity, and there of splendour and regality and monarchism?Cyropaedia
The lands of Balmadie are in the lordship and regality of Abernethy.
There was a confusion of regality, displeasure, and grim humour in her attitude.Fortitude
His costume was strange, but very striking, and gave him a regality of appearance.The Mark of the Beast
This, I am sorry to say, was his usual mode of asserting his regality when he thought his dignity was in danger.
- the state or condition of being royal; kingship or queenship; royalty
- the rights or privileges of royalty
- Scot history
- jurisdiction conferred by the sovereign on a powerful subject
- a territory under such jurisdiction