Origin of regressive
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- regressing or tending to regress
- (of a tax or tax system) levied or graduated so that the rate decreases as the amount taxed increasesSee progressive (def. 5)
- of, relating to, or characteristic of regression
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for regressivity
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Having a tendency to return or to revert.
- Characterized by regression.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.