- to mount again; reascend.
- a fresh horse or supply of fresh horses.
Origin of remount
Examples from the Web for remount
Historical Examples of remount
Kilpatrick however ordered Weber to remount and charge the hill.Personal Recollections of a Cavalryman
J. H. (James Harvey) Kidd
The time came for the horses to be returned to the Remount station.The Delta of the Triple Elevens
William Elmer Bachman
"Let us go on this evening," and she was ready to remount at once.Manasseh
He could do nothing but remount his horse and ride to an inn.The Crimson Fairy Book
He had come into our lines, having one of those "remount" leaves from his command.Between the Lines
Henry Bascom Smith
- to get on (a horse, bicycle, etc) again
- (tr) to mount (a picture, jewel, exhibit, etc) again
- a fresh horse, esp (formerly) to replace one killed or injured in battle