- an agreement between two or more persons to meet at a certain time and place.
- the meeting itself.
- a place designated for a meeting or assembling, especially of troops or ships.
- a meeting of two or more spacecraft in outer space.
- a favorite or popular gathering place.
- to assemble at an agreed time and place.
Origin of rendezvous
Related Words for rendezvousingassignation, tryst, affair, appointment, matinee, engagement, date, meet, meeting, hangout, venue, spot, haunt, resort, purlieu, raise, congress, muster, gather, converge
- a meeting or appointment to meet at a specified time and place
- a place where people meet
- an arranged meeting of two spacecraft
- to meet or cause to meet at a specified time or place
Word Origin for rendezvous
Word Origin and History for rendezvousing
1590s, "place for assembling of troops," from Middle French rendez-vous, noun use of rendez vous "present yourselves," from rendez, plural imperative of rendre "to present" (see render (v.)) + vous "you," from Latin vos, from PIE *wos- "you" (plural). General sense of "appointed place of meeting" is attested from 1590s.
1640s, from rendezvous (n.).