- belonging or pertaining to the Reptilia.
- groveling, debased, or despicable; contemptible.
- mean; treacherous; harmful.
- a reptile.
Origin of reptilian
Examples from the Web for reptilian
Contemporary Examples of reptilian
Still, Spacey endows Frank with a reptilian intelligence, a cunning that gives him an edge over everyone he encounters.David Fincher, Beau Willimon & Kate Mara On Netflix’s ‘House of Cards’
January 30, 2013
But when meets Nixon and they discuss football in the back of a limousine, he is able to humanize the reptilian president.What 10 Books to Read for the Election Season: Cicero, Vidal and More
September 6, 2012
Historical Examples of reptilian
"A reptilian sorcery," he whispered to Lockwood, and smiled.Erik Dorn
They seemed now to have got into quite a reptilian paradise.Off to the Wilds
George Manville Fenn
Among their reptilian foes are black snakes and bull snakes.
Reptilian fossils are found in both the lignite and the intervening layers of rock.North Dakota
Concerning the reptilian pubis there are considerable difficulties.The Vertebrate Skeleton
Sidney H. Reynolds
- of, relating to, resembling, or characteristic of reptiles
- mean or treacherous; contemptiblereptilian behaviour
- a less common name for reptile
Word Origin and History for reptilian
- Relating to or characteristic of reptiles.