- a controversy that is submitted to a judicial tribunal or administrative agency for decision.
- the interrogation by which information is secured.
- Obsolete. judicial examination or trial.
OTHER WORDS FOR question
Idioms about question
- to dispute; challenge.
- to cast doubt upon; question: This report calls into question all previous research on the subject.
- under consideration.
- in dispute.
Origin of question
synonym study for question
OTHER WORDS FROM question
How to use question in a sentence
I want you to question me and requestion me on anything you want, plus the fact I do want the tests when they are available.Warren Commission (5 of 26): Hearings Vol. V (of 15)|The President's Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy
British Dictionary definitions for question
- an act of asking
- an investigation into some problem or difficulty
- to avoid giving a direct answer by posing another question
- to assume the truth of that which is intended to be provedSee petitio principii
- to make (something) the subject of disagreement
- to cast doubt upon the validity, truth, etc, of (something)
Derived forms of questionquestioner, noun
Word Origin for question
usage for question
Other Idioms and Phrases with question
see ask a stupid question; beg the question; beside the point (question); beyond question; burning question; call in question; in question; leading question; loaded question; open question; out of the question; pop the question; rhetorical question; without question.