- to make repayment or return for (service, benefits, etc.).
- to make retaliation for (a wrong, injury, etc.); avenge.
- to make return to (a person, group, etc.) for service, benefits, etc.
- to retaliate on (a person, group, etc.) for a wrong, injury, etc.
- to give or do in return.
Origin of requite
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (tr) to make return to (a person for a kindness or injury); repay with a similar action
C16: re- + obsolete quite to discharge, repay; see quit
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for requiter
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper