- resolving; causing solution; solvent.
- something resolvent.
- Medicine/Medical. a remedy that causes resolution of a swelling or inflammation.
Origin of resolvent
Examples from the Web for resolvent
Historical Examples of resolvent
As a resolvent friction to indolent tumours and indurations.
Said to be suppurative, resolvent, cooling, and desiccative.
It has also some reputation as an alterative and resolvent, and as an anodyne.
Alterative and discutient; used to disperse indolent tumours and swellings, and as a resolvent in enlarged joints, &c.
Hops may be used topically as a fomentation or a poultice, as a resolvent or discutient in painful swellings and tumours.
- serving to dissolve or separate something into its elements; resolving
- something that resolves; solvent
- a drug or agent able to reduce swelling or inflammation
- Causing or able to cause separation into constituents; solvent.
- A resolvent substance, especially a medicine that reduces inflammation or swelling.