Origin of retrocede2
Related Words for retrocessionwane, sweep, abatement, decrease, flagging, decay, waning, shrinkage, lessening, slackening, degeneration, sinking, depreciation, diminution, retreat, subsidence, drop, recession, deterioration, withdrawal
Examples from the Web for retrocession
Historical Examples of retrocession
Lyell estimates the retrocession of the falls to be about a foot a year.
President Jefferson called the attention of Congress to this retrocession.Thomas Jefferson
Edward S. Ellis et. al.
Bonaparte had secured from Spain the retrocession of the province of Louisiana.Jefferson and his Colleagues
The retrocession of the Liaotung Peninsula had not been effected by Russia alone.Russia
Donald Mackenzie Wallace
It does not restore to the Uitlanders all the rights of which they have been unjustly deprived since the retrocession.South Africa and the Transvaal War, Vol. 1 (of 6)
- (tr) to give back; return
- (intr) to go back or retire; recede
- A relapse, as of a disease.
- Cessation of the external symptoms of a disease, followed by signs of involvement of an internal organ or part.
- Backward displacement of the uterus or other organ.