- a looking or turning back.
- the resulting state or condition.
- Pathology. a tilting or turning backward of an organ or part: retroversion of the uterus.
Origin of retroversion
Related Words for retroversionreversal, direction, angle, trend, shift, curve, departure, spiral, twist, wind, swing, corner, spin, round, change, about-face, antithesis, back, underside, regression
Examples from the Web for retroversion
Historical Examples of retroversion
He says we've ta'en a lower form, and calls it "retroversion."
If retroversion or retroflexion be present, then the posterior lip should be fixed.
There are three kinds of displacements: anteversion, retroversion, and prolapsus.
Retroversion:—Place the patient with face downward on bed or mat and with a small pillow under the lower part of the abdomen.
Exercises for anteversion and retroversion supplied by a successful teacher of such work.
- the act of turning or condition of being turned backwards
- the condition of a part or organ, esp the uterus, that is turned or tilted backwards
Word Origin and History for retroversion
- A turning or tilting backward, as of the uterus.
- The state of being turned or tilted back.
- A condition in which the teeth are located in a position posterior to normal.