- characterized or produced by reverberation.
- noting a furnace, kiln, or the like in which the fuel is not in direct contact with the ore, metal, etc., to be heated, but furnishes a flame that plays over the material, especially by being deflected downward from the roof.
- deflected, as flame.
- any device, as a furnace, embodying reverberation.
Origin of reverberatory
Examples from the Web for reverberatory
Historical Examples of reverberatory
The operation is carried on in a reverberatory furnace or in a kettle.
At the present time the process is commonly conducted in a reverberatory furnace, similar to that figured in the engraving.
On the small scale this alloy is prepared in crucibles; but for statues and larger works on reverberatory hearths.
Heat is then applied, the flame and hot air of a reverberatory furnace being made to sweep over the surface of the liquor.
The pens having been dried are placed in other cylinders, and polished by mutual friction, produced by reverberatory motion.Rides on Railways
- characterized by, utilizing, or produced by reverberation
- short for reverberatory furnace