- an instrument for measuring the flow of fluids, especially blood.
Origin of rheometer
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for rheometry
Historical Examples of rheometry
Rheometry, measurement of the force or the velocity of an electric current.The Nuttall Encyclopaedia
Edited by Rev. James Wood
- med an instrument for measuring the velocity of the blood flow
- another word for galvanometer
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- The measurement of electrical current.
- The measurement of blood flow.
- An instrument for measuring the flow of viscous liquids, such as blood.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.