- the branch of physics dealing with the measurement of temperature.
- the science of the construction and use of thermometers.
Origin of thermometry
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for thermometry
There are two scales used in thermometry, the Fahrenheit and the Centigrade.Dietetics for Nurses
Fairfax T. Proudfit
The expansion of mercury and other liquids is employed in thermometry.The New Gresham Encyclopedia
Many diverse applications of the interferometer have been developed, as, for example, in thermometry.Inventors at Work
- the branch of physics concerned with the measurement of temperature and the design and use of thermometers and pyrometers
- Measurement of temperature.
- The technology of temperature measurement.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.