- the measurement of the intensity of light or of relative illuminating power.
- the science dealing with such measurements.
Origin of photometry
Examples from the Web for photometry
Historical Examples of photometry
Celestial photography, photometry and spectroscopy sum up its fields of activity.
This arrangement leaves untouched the old difficulty in photometry, that arising from the different colors of different lights.
An important matter in connexion with glow lamps is their photometry.
Considerations drawn from photometry were also lost sight of, because that art was still undeveloped.
Its precedence over its rivals Vega and Capella, long in dispute, has been settled by the Harvard photometry.Pleasures of the telescope
- the measurement of the intensity of light
- the branch of physics concerned with such measurements
- The measurement of the intensity, brightness, or other properties of light. Also called photometrics See also luminous intensity.