- James CharlesJimmie, 1897–1933, U.S. country-and-western singer, guitarist, and composer.
- Richard,1902–79, U.S. composer of popular music.
- William HenryBill, born 1947, U.S. distance runner.
- a male given name, form of Roger.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for rodgers
This opponent is like no other Rodgers has to face on the gridiron.Aaron Rodgers Takes Aim at Congo’s ‘Blood Minerals’ War
December 3, 2014
As advertised, Holler is not autobiographical in the same way that the works of Rodgers and Hammerstein are not autobiographical.Broadway Was Made for Tupac
Henry Louis Gates, Jr., Marcyliena Morgan
July 7, 2014
Police say Rodgers was found with a Glock 34 and two Sig Sauer P226s and more than 400 rounds of ammunition.
The very women Republicans are trying to woo with Rodgers could well be the same women who will get caught in their voter ID net.The GOP’s Working Mom Schizophrenia
February 15, 2014
Rodgers was clearly nervous and kept swallowing hard, but she made it through without incident.It’s Not the President’s Speech That Makes News but the Reactions to It
January 29, 2014
Lieut. Rodgers was convinced that this method was too risky and that some other must be devised.Flying Machines
W.J. Jackman and Thos. H. Russell
Rodgers had been put in possession of some of the British signals.
Rodgers also published the Medico-Chirurgical Review, about 1838.
Diana flung her cloak to Rodgers, and ordered tea in the library.
"You can serve dinner for me in the library to-night, Rodgers," said Diana.
- Richard . 1902–79, US composer of musical comedies. He collaborated with the librettist Lorenz Hart on such musicals as A Connecticut Yankee (1927), On Your Toes (1936), and Pal Joey (1940). After Hart's death his librettist was Oscar Hammerstein II. Two of their musicals, Oklahoma! (1943) and South Pacific (1949), received the Pulitzer Prize
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012