- pink or pinkish-red; roseate.
- (of persons, the cheeks, lips, etc.) having a fresh, healthy redness.
- bright or promising: a rosy future.
- cheerful or optimistic: rosy anticipations.
- made or consisting of roses: a rosy bower.
Origin of rosy
SynonymsSee more synonyms for rosy on Thesaurus.com
- a female given name, form of Rose.
Examples from the Web for rosy
Klein paints a rosy picture of the charter schools, while admitting that not all outperformed traditional public schools.Your Local School Doesn’t Have to Suck
Michael S. Roth
December 17, 2014
With her sweet smile, rosy cheeks, and wavy white-blond hair, she found money was easy to come by.Hallucinating Away a Heroin Addiction
May 4, 2014
At that moment Constance appeared and grew pale and rosy by turns as Louis bent over her small gloved fingers.Read ‘The King in Yellow,’ the ‘True Detective’ Reference That’s the Key to the Show
Robert W. Chambers
February 20, 2014
And there things did not look as rosy as the better diplomatic atmosphere.Behind the Smiles in Geneva, No Concrete Progress in Iran Negotiations
October 17, 2013
And yet I've often wondered if that message is almost too rosy.‘The Feminine Mystique’ at 50, Part 2: Three Feminists on What It Means Today
Jessica Bennett, Letty Cottin Pogrebin, Alisa Solomon
February 12, 2013
A foolish girl may be fair and rosy, yet far from beautiful.The Bacillus of Beauty
"Do not ask me," replied Hope, putting her finger on her rosy mouth.The Paradise of Children
Her sweet eyes closed, and no colour in her cheeks, that had been so rosy!Tales And Novels, Volume 4 (of 10)
She was rosy and placid as the apple she was generally eating when not in class.The Green Satin Gown
Laura E. Richards
He said that Rosy lived across the hall, and that she had eyes like mine!Gloria and Treeless Street
Annie Hamilton Donnell
- of the colour rose or pink
- having a healthy pink complexionrosy cheeks
- optimistic, esp excessively soa rosy view of social improvements
- full of health, happiness, or joyrosy slumbers
- resembling, consisting of, or abounding in roses