- the 18th letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
- any spoken sound represented by the letter R or r, as in ran, carrot, or rhyme.
- something having the shape of R.
- a written or printed representation of the letter R or r.
- a device, as a printer's type, for reproducing the letter R or r.
- three R's.
- right side.
- Recording Secretary.
- Reformed Spelling.
- Revised Statutes.
- Royal Society.
Examples from the Web for rs
Contemporary Examples of rs
The Freak Power ticket was almost enough to split the vote and edge out both Rs and Ds.Hunter S. Thompson Was Right About America: It’s Still Freaks vs. Fear
February 8, 2014
RS: I have a character in this most recent book say that people want their suffering to mean something.
RS: They sit in a faculty room, or in a cottage on Cape Cod.
RS: It certainly can be said, it could have been said of David Foster Wallace, certainly I think.
RS: The positive thing, the element of service in writing—and I really do believe in writing as service—is insight.
Historical Examples of rs
Malik-Usman, furious at the conduct of his countrymen, exacted a fine of Rs.Les Parsis
But when the parents of the bride are poor they receive a bride-price of Rs.
The three Rs are but the beginning of an adequate elementary curriculum.The New Education
Dicky saw this, and remitted at once; always remembering that Rs.
These papers deal with all sorts of things—from the payment of Rs.
- Royal Society
- Abbreviation of radius
- The symbol for resistance.