- of or having a fresh, healthy red color: a ruddy complexion.
- red or reddish.
- British Slang. damned: a ruddy fool.
- British Slang. damned: He'd ruddy well better be there.
Origin of ruddy
Related Words for ruddinessburning, color, blossom, glowing, flush, glow, bloom, ruddiness, rosiness, scarlet, redness, mantling, freshness
Examples from the Web for ruddiness
Historical Examples of ruddiness
His face without spot, and adorned with a certain tempered ruddiness.The Round Towers of Ireland
His face, for all his increase in flesh, lost its ruddiness.The Shadow
And the ruddiness had gone completely out of his smooth-shaven cheeks.The Country Beyond
James Oliver Curwood
She was pale; on her lips appeared a slight trace of ruddiness.In Vain
There was in her hair the ruddiness of tried gold, spun into a web to catch the sun.The Stars in the Pool
Edna Kingsley Wallace
- (of the complexion) having a healthy reddish colour, usually resulting from an outdoor life
- coloured red or pinka ruddy sky
- (intensifier) bloody; damneda ruddy fool