- a quick review or summary of main points of information, usually oral: This brief rundown of past events will bring you up to date.
- Baseball. a play in which a base runner is caught between bases by two or more players of the opposing team who toss the ball back and forth in an effort to tag the runner out.
- Commerce. runoff(def 4).
Origin of rundown
- fatigued; weary; exhausted.
- in a state of poor health: He was in a run-down condition from months of overwork.
- in neglected condition; fallen into disrepair: a run-down house.
- (of a spring-operated device) not running because it is unwound.
Origin of run-down
Synonyms for run-downSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for rundownrecap, synopsis, run-through, sketch, outline, recapitulation, review, briefing, report
Examples from the Web for rundown
Contemporary Examples of rundown
Akin retiterated this sentiment about his perceived Democratic war on women during his Daily Rundown segment this morning.It Sounds Like Todd Akin Only Wants to Talk About Rape
July 17, 2014
The quarters and work areas were too small for both of us, and after he gave me the rundown I wanted to get started on my own.How I’ll End the War: My First Week Back in Afghanistan
May 1, 2014
Additional film credits include The Rundown, The Kingdom, Hancock, Battleship, and the upcoming Cocaine Cowboys.The Hero Summit 2013 Speakers
September 10, 2013
And by this logic, operatives said, MSNBC is OK, so long as candidates stick to Morning Joe or The Daily Rundown.GOP in the Lions’ Den: Why Do Republicans Talk to Liberal Media?
June 18, 2013
Here, a rundown of the most interesting facts and figures from the 2013 Oscar nominations.2013 Oscar Nominations By the Numbers
January 11, 2013
Historical Examples of rundown
Greg drove from the rundown district faster than the law allowed.Cancer World
Then her glance swept him swiftly from bared head to rundown heel.Overland Red
Henry Herbert Knibbs
But he was in a dreadfully exhausted and rundown condition—nearly starved indeed.The Angel
Cyril Arthur Edward Ranger Gull
Between mouthfuls, the two older people gave him a rundown on the morning's mishaps.Make Mine Homogenized
A northerner passing a rundown looking place in the South, stopped to chat with the farmer.Toaster's Handbook
Peggy Edmund and Harold W. Williams, compilers