- Louis Ste·phen [lwee ste-fen] /lwi stɛˈfɛn/, 1882–1973, prime minister of Canada 1948–57.
- Yves (Ma·thieu) [eev-ma-tyœ] /iv maˈtyœ/, 1936–2008, French fashion designer.
- a city in S Quebec, in E Canada, W of Montreal.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for saint-laurent
The screen of Saint-Laurent was considered a chef-d'œuvre of architecture.Rouen, It's History and Monuments
Nine o'clock struck as the silent couple repassed the church of Saint-Laurent.
Saint-Laurent being dead, Pennautier was appointed to his office of receiver-general for the clergy.
I am accused of having poisoned Saint-Laurent, added Pennautier; but has it been so much as proved that he died of poison?
On the right bank, at Saint-Laurent, they constructed an entrenched camp.The Life of Joan of Arc, Vol. 1 and 2 (of 2)
- Yves (iv), full name Yves-Mathieu. 1936–2008, French couturier: popularized trousers for women for all occasions
- Louis. 1882–1973, Canadian politician; prime minister of Canada (1948–57)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012